Avoid Dental Damage With TMJ Treatment in Chicago
More than 10 million people in the U.S. have TMJ disorder. Source.
A problem with your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) impacts your day-to-day life. You can’t chew food without making popping or clicking sounds. You wake up regularly with jaw pain due to nightly teeth grinding. That’s why you need TMJ treatment in Chicago. With our help, you can:
- Enjoy a meal without feeling self-conscious
- Wake up without chronic pain
- Sleep through the night without clenching or grinding your teeth
- Improve your oral health by avoiding dental damage
- Find a solution that easily becomes part of your overall stress management
Call 872-204-0824 for an appointment. We’re located in the Wrigley Building on the Magnificent Mile.
Treat Your TMJ Problem With a Simple Oral Appliance
Your TMJ joints are on either side of your jaw. When these joints become inflamed, it can trigger a TMJ disorder. It can cause you to clench or grind your teeth and experience other painful symptoms. At Smile Chicago, we offer treatment methods that will give you much-needed relief. We can create a custom-made oral appliance to relieve your TMJ pain and protect your teeth from further damage.
Depending on what’s ideal for you, we may recommend:
- Bruxism Bite Guards – A bite guard acts like a cushion between your teeth. It relieves the pressure of grinding and clenching. You also avoid damaging your tooth enamel by cracking or chipping a tooth.
- TMJ Orthotics – This splint corrects the alignment of your jaw. You’ll notice almost immediate relief from wearing this device. Your dentist will discuss how long you must wear your orthotics for the most effective relief.
In addition, we may also recommend clear aligner orthodontics to correct your bite. Misaligned or crooked teeth can often lead to a TMJ problem. Your dentist will also repair any damaged teeth caused by your grinding or clenching.
Call 872-204-0824 for TMJ treatment in Chicago. You can also request an appointment online.